What is a cookie?
A ‘cookie’ is a small amount of text that is stored in your browser (such as Google’s Chrome or Apple’s Safari) when you browse most websites.
What it is NOT a cookie?
It is not a virus, not a Trojan, not a worm, not spam, not spyware, nor does it open pop-up windows.
What information does a cookie store?
Cookies do not usually store sensitive information about you, such as credit cards or data banking, photographs or personal information, etc. The data they keep is of a technical nature, statistics, personal preferences, content personalization, etc.
The web server does not associate you as a person but rather your web browser. In fact, if you browse regularly with the Chrome browser and try browsing the same web with the Firefox browser, you will see that the web does not realize that you are the same person because in you are actually associating the information with the browser, not the person.
What type of cookies are there?
- Technical cookies: They are the most basic and allow, among other things, to know when a human or an automated application is browsing, when an anonymous user and a registered user are browsing, basic tasks for the operation of any dynamic website.
- Analysis cookies: They collect information about the type of navigation you are doing, the sections you use the most, products consulted, time zone of use, language, etc.
- Advertising cookies: They show advertising based on your browsing, your country of origin, language, etc.
What are own and third party cookies?
Own cookies are those generated by the page you are visiting and those of third parties are those generated by external services or providers such as Mailchimp, Mailrelay, Facebook, Twitter, Google adsense, etc.
What cookies does this website use?
This website uses its own and third-party cookies. The following cookies are used on this website, which are detailed below:
- Personalization: Cookies help us remember which people or websites you have interacted with, so that we can show you related content.
- Preferences: Cookies allow us to remember your settings and preferences, such as your preferred language and your privacy settings.
Third party cookies
This website in certain cases may use third-party cookies. This is due to integrating third-party services in which they can store cookies on their servers.
Google(Google Analytics, Gmail …): a service of the company Google, Inc whose main office is at 600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View (California), CA 94043, United States. Google (Analytics, Gmail …) uses ‘cookies’ to help https://puchet.com.
WordPress: a service of the company WordPress.org which main office is in the USA. WordPress uses ‘cookies’ to help https://puchet.com
Can you delete cookies?
Yes, and not only delete, but also block, in a general or particular way for a specific domain.
To delete cookies from a website, you must go to your browser settings and there you can search for those associated with the domain in question and proceed to delete them.
- Cookie settings for Google Chrome
- Cookie settings for Apple Safari
- Cookie settings for Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings for Mozilla Firefox
More information about cookies
If you want to have more control over the installation of cookies, you can install programs or addons to your browser, known as “Do Not Track” tools, which will allow you to choose the cookies you want to allow